You can help. You've got what it takes.
If you're a dad, you've got worthwhile experience. Other dads could use your wisdom.
What do our mentors do?
- Meet up for a coffee now and then with their mentee to talk about the dad life
- Connect their mentee with resources you think they could use
- Help them see how great it is to be a father, at their own pace
Is this a full-time commitment? No. At it's heart, a Fathers & Friends mentorship is two dads having a casual conversation. You and mentee(s) can proceed at your own schedules. If you ever feel like mentoring is taking up too much of your time, you can scale back your load.
Here's how our system works:
- Each city/urban area works as a chapter. Your local chapter head will walk you through the process, including determining your availability, learning about what you bring to the table, and explaining your obligations as member of the network. This isn't a job interview, it's us figuring out how much you want to do right now so it works best for everyone involved. Your local chapter head is the one who will be connecting you and your mentees.
- You'll be given some resources to conduct your mentorships. This isn't quite training material; more tools to have. We don't want mentorships to be unstructured, but we also don't want them to be bland. It'll be up to you to use these resources as you see fit.
- Once you get matched with a mentee, it's up to you two to handle that relationship. You're equals, so together you'll build up each other's sense of fatherhood and figure out what it means to be a dad in the modern world.
- From time to time, your chapter head will check back in and hear from you what works and what doesn't. Our mentors are a valued part of how we continually improve the system.
Interested? Fill out the form below and we'll match you to your local chapter. Let's get talking.